For Real Estate in the Napa Valley—Boutique Brokerage since 1984
Bob Beck was born in California and grew up in a small town in South Dakota. He graduated from Drake University with a degree in business and then went on to Harvard University where he received his M.B.A. in 1966.
Bob then spent several years in the corporate world, becoming Vice President and General Manager of a group of toy companies, the most well known being Flexible Flyer Sleds. He concluded that the corporate lifestyle was not for him and began a new career in real estate in Sausalito, California.
After a few years of successful practice, he took time off and spent several years sailing in the Caribbean.
Upon returning to Sausalito he met Valerie and they were married in 1981. They moved to Calistoga in 1984 and along with a friend, Les Taylor, they opened Beck & Taylor Realty.
In 1996, along with two other couples, they built and opened Cottage Grove Inn, a bed and breakfast inn with 16 private cottages. Valerie gave up her successful gift store, Gloriosa, in order to manage the new business. After 23 years, in 2019, they sold Cottage Grove Inn.
Valerie and Bob have been active as host parents in the Rotary Club’s International Youth Exchange Program, hosting more than 12 students from all over the world.
Bob’s activities since he has been in Calistoga are listed below:
- Calistoga City Council – 1988 – 1992
- Napa County League of Municipalities – Chairman, 1988
- Napa Valley Housing Authority – Chairman, 1991
- Calistoga Education Foundation – Founding Director, 1988
- Calistoga Performing Arts Association – Founding Director, 1990
- Calistoga Rotary Club – President, 1991. Youth Exchange Chair 2000 – 2018.
- Sharpsteen Museum Association – Director, 1995
- Calistoga Chamber of Commerce – Director, 1996 – 2000; Board Chair 2008-2009.
- Napa Valley Conference & Visitor’s Bureau – Director, 1997 – 1999
- Calistoga Affordable Housing – Director, 2001-2012
- Rotary Nicaragua Housing Project – Executive Committee, 2005
- Calistoga Vitality Group – 2007 to present
- Calistoga Community Geothermal Corporation – Founding Director 2010 to present
- Calistoga Farmer’s Market – Treasurer 2009 – present
- Napa County Fair Association – Board 2013 – 2018, Board Chair 2015-2016
- Wine Country Animal Lovers – Treasurer 2013 – 2018
- Friends of Pioneer Park – Board 2013 – present
- Calistoga T.I.D. Board – 2015 – 2019
- Napa Valley Tourism Corporation – Board 2016 -2019
- Chamber of Commerce Gary Barrett Lifetime Achievement Award 2017
- Rotary Club of Calistoga Rotarian of the Quarter Century Award 2016
Bob Beck mobile: 707-695-1188 | Beck@sonic.net | DRE#: 00966005 and 00442418
Gianni Busato is a real estate agent based in Calistoga, California. He was born in Castelfranco Veneto, a Medieval town near Venice, Italy, renowned for its art and architecture. He first got into real estate and property development with his family back in the ‘90s, renovating and converting an ancient Etruscan site into a 42-unit vacation destination.
When Gianni moved to the Napa Valley 20 years ago, he traded one wine country in for another, but brought his European style with him. Combined with his keen eye for luxury, his international connections, and discerning observation of people, Gianni boasts a unique skillset in the real estate industry. He’s not just an agent, he’s a connector, eager to help you find the property of your dreams. Whether it’s a Napa Valley haven or a Tuscan villa you seek, Gianni can help you achieve your goals in a timely and secure manner. When he’s not in the office, you can find him playing tennis, saying hello to every puppy he encounters, or sipping on a nice Prosecco.
Gianni Busato mobile: 707-363-7918 | email@example.com | DRE#: 02044201